out of all the card games I have played in my life and I have played a lot I think Vanguard is probably the best or my personal favorite. Love the art style on the cards, the consept of the game, the art for the monsters and warriors. ^^ and over all it is just fun granted the losing isn't fun but it makes you think about new battle tactics and forces you to look for better cards to add to your deck.
One thing I love is all the clans, that is fun in and of itself but there are some clans to me that stand out and others that fall short of others, This is my list which I wanted to share with you and compare to other players. Now if I put a clan you like kind of low or say it isn't too good in my eyes I mean NO OFFENSE TO YOU, OR TO OTHER PLAYERS WHO USE IT, OR TO THE CLAN ITSELF. I personally just do not like these clans maybe because they haven't given me a good match or I don't like their play style or art work, but lets get to it.
top 7 best clans
7. Kagero, I think my best fights are usually against Kagero or Paladin players and if the Kagero focus around Overlord builds Those fights are always fun and challenging. I like how the cards are so fiery and explosive in color and the dragons in them are so different from the old way of picturing them. I am toying with getting a Kagero deck and adding the few cards I have to it to make it stronger. I only put Kagero low here because... I needed a bottom clan I honestly like it a lot.
6. Dark Irregulars, Oh man one of the 2 clans I have Never won against, I think Dark Irregulars are a super strong and good clan to run. Like the Kagero I like the darker colors used in a lot of their arts and the soul charging mechanic is a good one to have to power up for huge attacks. I have and Amon and amon reversed but don't run them cause I do not have enough and I prefer to work from trial decks so as I have a base deck to build from.
5. Narukami, Now this clan I do run, I have Eradicators and regular Narukami with Vermillion same as my best buddy who lives in my town. Only difference is I have the Blood. Narukami is one of the first clans I started to learn to play with and was drawn in by their sheer power they exhude when in play they way they destroy your opponent's rear guards all at once as appose to Kagero picking them off one at a time. Art wise they are a tad better but not much. Kagero vs Narukami I am kind of in the middle, and don't want to take sides.
4. Nova grappler, Yeah I get that not a lot of people say Novas aren't good or you cannot win with them and to them I say Why? I win pleanty with my deck, Battle razors are good, Beast deities are good, so what is the problem. Players I faced who are Nova grappler are really fun to play against, their art though is hit and miss with me. I like the robotic and cyborg looking monsters in the clan but the little regular normal looking ones kind of don't really seem like they belong there. Of the sub sets I have to say Beast deities are my favorite of this group.
3. Link Joker, Heh heh heh, oh Yeah.... I love Link joker cause it forces you to keep on guard and watch your step cause a card you need gets locked and you are screwed if you cannot figure out a counter until they un lock. the first time I faced them I lost my rear end but good. and that made me want a deck with them. Sadly I am not the best with it Figuring out when cards Lock is kind of hard for me for some reason, art wise they seem to be the most diverse yet. You have Star vader, Deletors, and Messiah. and all three are just so different it seems that they hardly belong to the same clan. I have never faced Deletors but I hear they are tough and Messiah is too new so I stick with good ol Star vader.
2. Royal paladin / Genesis, this is hard to choose so I made it a tie. Both clans are useful and good to run. I will say that I think Genesis is a bit stronger then Oracle think tank though and easier to play plus better art and more vibrant colors Royal paladin I had to put on here because the guy who got me into this game Is a Royal paladin player and he has proven how strong they are to me with his Soul saver dragon and Blaster blade decks. while I do have a royal deck I only pull it out as a second choice to my favorite and best clan in my opinion.
1. Gold paladin, ^^ this is the clan I feel most comfortable running and win the most with. I love their lore, their art, and play style. My main cards are Blond Ezel and Silver wolf Garmore. I also have an unfinished Liberator deck, I say unfinished cause there is still some stuff I would like to have for it. But Ezel and Garmore have brought me a lot of victories and they are my "Twin avatars." But not much to say I like gold paladins the best.
Ok, sigh, Worst clans time. Again I am sorry if your clan is here I mean NO insult what so ever and am sorry for any hurt feelings but this is MY list and MY opinion which I am bound to get some flack for Please understand though.
7. Bermuda triangle, The mermaid concept and art is ok but it is Goofy I can't say why really but I just do not like this clan and they don't really seem popular anyway with players in my area.
6. Angel feather, Good art, good concept but a slightly un fair play mechanic. Being able to swap our cards between your hand and damage zone like this. I mean if you lose a good card you should be able to re think your battle plan and come up with something else, getting cards back and being able to use damage count ones seems well just un fair.
5. Shadow paladin, This is probably the one most players are gonna hate me for but I cannot help it I just do not like Shadow paladins. their art is fine I love black as a color and their dragon units are cool it is just their mechanic I do not like I do not like the idea of sacrificing your own cards to gain power for an attack that may not hit at all. Plus I think it would leave your defense a little weak wouldn't it , cause you will need to spend a lot more time rebuilding a formation and that would leave your hand pretty low on shield. Blaster dark, Phantom blaster dragon, and others though I will admit are a challenge to play against. They just are not for me.
4. Granblue, Really I don't like any clans from megallanica too much but Granblue is slightly, an acception I still don't like them very much but I will admit they are powerful and have some good art. I think what it is with them is, heh I have never really faced a granblue deck! Maybe if I did this would change Plus I have never been big on pirates either so... yeah.
3. Oracle think tank, I wanted to like the think tank I really did but well I just do not for some reason and like with Bermuda and granblue I cannot say what it is. maybe like with Granblue I have never faced them, should this change I will re think on both clans.,
2. Great nature, Great nature is another clan I would like to like but do not I love animals, and I like how they are presented here. Their art is good but like with Shadows I don't like their play style call stuff to rear guard, give it power then kill it later. Which seems like a waste to me of a unit. but this is the only real reason they are here. My least favorite clan sadly in my mind has NO purpose and is useless in a fight at least to me.
1. Neo nectar, I HATE neo nectars. I don't like their art, their play style and over all do not see how they are useful. call stuff out to rear guard like royal paladin and gain power Ok but they say just fill up the rear guard and it doesn't matter what it is just fill up the rear guard. that seems just slapped together formation wise to me.
Well those are my top 7 best and worst clans of Vanguard. What are yours? Like I have said I mean No offence to the players or likers of my lesser 7 clans I mean nothing against you or them this is just how I feel.
well later guys! ^^